In 1979, interviewers asked new graduates from Harvard’s MBA Program“Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans (rituals/habits) to accomplish them?” and found that :
- 84% had no specific goals at all
- 13% had goals but they were not committed to paper
- 3% had clear, written goals and plans (rituals/habits) to accomplish them
In 1989, the interviewers again interviewed the graduates of that class. You can guess the results:
- The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.
- Even more staggering – the three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.
So write down the following exercise:
- Write down what your life is like right now.
- What rituals have gotten you to this point?
- What do you want?
- What are the rituals that will get you there?
Pain of Discipline (weighs ounces) or the Pain of Regrets (weighs pounds.) – Tony Robbins
Will power doesn’t last, rituals do. Start with a couple of rituals, not all of them. Momentum will build up and you will add more rituals along the way.
Happy New Year!! May you have a wonderfully prosperous and healthy new year!!